Follow this link:
Eco Homes – research guide
- Section 1 – pick one way you can do each thing. When you have picked that method – research and make notes on it.
- Section 2 – pick extra features you want to include and make notes on them
1. Focus Features:
- Prevent heat loss: Insulation: High levels of insulation
- Use renewable energy sources: Energy sources such as solar, thermal, wind, biomass and/or eco electric companies
- Use eco-friendly building materials: Natural materials and an avoidance of plastics
2. Extra features:
- Maximise Sunshine: Good levels of daylight/passive solar orientation — glazing oriented south for light and heat, and minimum north-facing glazing to reduce heat loss
- Eco windows: Superior double or triple-glazed windows
- Rainwater/water supplies: Rainwater harvesting and greywater collection
- Plants: Vegetable gardens/green roof
- Airtightness: High levels of airtightness/a healthy indoor environment, which may include a mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) system
Wordsmyth – for kids
Zoos – what can you find out?
Websites for research:
BBC iWonder: What are Zoos For?
National Geographic: ENCYCLOPEDIC ENTRY Zoo
Battersea Park Children’s Zoo: Conservation
Zoological Society of London: Kids Page
Chester Zoo: Explore the Zoo
Wolves – what can you find out?
Try these websites:
Science kids – animal facts
Have a look at these websites:
www.horrible-histoHome – CBBC Newsroundries.co.uk
What can you see or do on these sites?
This video explains how the world wide web is a part of the internet:
Year 4 – Volcanoes (catch-up)
Mount Fuji Facts & Worksheets
Learning at home
I will use this page to post additional links to resources and activities. There will also be work set on Seesaw so don’t forget to check there.
More fun exercise games.
Fun and educational links
These links are to fun educational sites. Try them out!
Ask Jeeves– a safe search engine especially designed for children to use
Games to promote healthy eating
Educational games for children up to 14 years and parent information
Check these websites to help you research:
Day and Night
Watch this video about day and night.
BBC bitesize explanation of day and night.
Life in 1914
A typical day for a child in 1914
Life in Britain in 1914
Food in 1914
Some of the jobs people did in the early 1900s…
Planets and the Solar System
Solar system facts for kids
More planet facts – kidzone
Start using Scratch