Follow this link:
Eco Homes – research guide
- Section 1 – pick one way you can do each thing. When you have picked that method – research and make notes on it.
- Section 2 – pick extra features you want to include and make notes on them
1. Focus Features:
- Prevent heat loss: Insulation: High levels of insulation
- Use renewable energy sources: Energy sources such as solar, thermal, wind, biomass and/or eco electric companies
- Use eco-friendly building materials: Natural materials and an avoidance of plastics
2. Extra features:
- Maximise Sunshine: Good levels of daylight/passive solar orientation — glazing oriented south for light and heat, and minimum north-facing glazing to reduce heat loss
- Eco windows: Superior double or triple-glazed windows
- Rainwater/water supplies: Rainwater harvesting and greywater collection
- Plants: Vegetable gardens/green roof
- Airtightness: High levels of airtightness/a healthy indoor environment, which may include a mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) system
Websites for research:
BBC iWonder: What are Zoos For?
National Geographic: ENCYCLOPEDIC ENTRY Zoo
Battersea Park Children’s Zoo: Conservation
Zoological Society of London: Kids Page
Chester Zoo: Explore the Zoo
Have a look at these websites:
What can you see or do on these sites?
This video explains how the world wide web is a part of the internet:
I will use this page to post additional links to resources and activities. There will also be work set on Seesaw so don’t forget to check there.
More fun exercise games.
These links are to fun educational sites. Try them out!
Ask Jeeves– a safe search engine especially designed for children to use
Check these websites to help you research:
Start using Scratch